The quality of the air that we breathe is crucial for overall body health. Have you ever noticed your nose getting itchy or sneezing out of nowhere? This is because the air you are breathing is not clean. The air in our homes or place of work can be polluted with particles such as pollen, pet dander, smoke, dust, and other allergens. Inhaling these can lead to a negative impact on your health, especially if you suffer from severe asthma or allergies. With the best indoor air quality monitor, it will help you to keep your families safe by understanding and knowing the knowledge present in your homes.
There are plenty of air quality monitors to choose from. However, in this article, we have done some research and come up with the Top 10 best indoor air quality monitor reviews.
List of Top 10 Indoor Air Quality Monitors in 2023
#10. ECOWITT WH0290 PM2.5 Home Office Air Quality Monitor
The next option on our list is the ECOWITT WH0290 Air Quality Monitor. It will provide accurate PM2.5 information in your home or office, enabling you to take timely measures while keeping the quality of the air within safe levels. Ideally, this 3-in-1 Multifunctional Tester will display the relative humidity, the indoor temperature in °C or °F, and PM2.5/AQI max and current value switchable.
The device has a six-grade air quality level indicator showing you instantly the quality of the air. Ordinarily, the device can be used both indoors and outdoors; this makes it suitable for cars, homes, offices, and other environments. Besides that, this air quality monitor is powered by two rechargeable batteries and features a built-in solar panel.
- 6 grades air quality levels indicator
- Indoor & outdoor air quality detector
- Rechargeable & wireless
- 3-in-1 multifunctional tester
- °c and °f switchable
- Provides accurate pm2.5 information.
#9. Temtop M2000C PM2.5 PM10 Particles Air Quality Monitor
Temtop M2000C Air Quality Monitor is a high-quality product that features compact construction while it gives accurate results. It is a multifunctional Air Quality Monitor with a carbon dioxide sensor and laser particle sensor based on NDIR. Subsequently, this device can detect Humidity, Temperature, CO2, Particles, PM10, and PM2.5 featuring digital signal amplification to give accurate data.
It is a simple but powerful device that provides precisely what you require in terms of air quality levels. With its colorful TFT display, it makes it easy to take measurements from one room to the next allowing you to get an overview of pollutant concentration. You can use it in your school, workplace, home, daycare center, or any other place. Overall, the device has a user interface that supports Celsius and Fahrenheit readings.
- Interface-Celsius or Fahrenheit reading supported
- Simple but powerful air quality detector
- Colorful TFT display
- Built-in rechargeable large-capacity battery
- Ergonomic design
- Audio alarm.
#8. VSON Indoor Humidity and Temperature PM2.5 PM1.0
The best way to safeguard yourself and your family from air pollution are by acquiring this air quality monitor. It is an upgraded 7-in-1 multifunctional air Tester that will keep track of the air quality that is around you. It will professionally detect humidity, Temperature, PM10, PM1.0, pm2.5, TVOC, and formaldehyde (HCHO), making your life healthy and safe.
This device features 2 operation systems with 2 interfaces. It uses ARM chips and separate sensors that will measure the quality of the air accurately and quickly. Moreover, it features a built-in alarm device to alert you when the value exceeds the warning line. Apart from that, it has an LCD HD color screen that it’s clear and bright where the data is displayed visually.
- 2 operation system with 2 interface
- Come with an LCD HD color screen and a charger
- 7 in 1 multifunctional air quality monitor
- Portable and easy to operation
- Checking anywhere’s air quality
- Built-in lithium battery.
#7. CO2Meter AZ-0004 Humidity Temperature
With a compact and white sleek design, CO2Meter AZ-0004 features not only good quality but also looks good. The device will let you accurately, quickly, and inexpensively test and continuously measure relative humidity, temperature, and carbon dioxide. It will reveal if your house’s air conditioning system, ventilation, and heating is operating correctly.
Ideally, this Air Quality Meter is going to measure temperature from 0 to 120F, CO2 concentration from 0 to 10,000ppm, and %RH from 20 to 99.9%. On the other hand, the device has a wide screen that is made in digital patterns enabling you to read the information that is displayed with ease. Besides using this gadget in your house, you can likewise use it in a greenhouse to check your plants.
- Provides accurate information quickly
- Has no moving parts to wear out
- Measures relative humidity and Temperature
- Measure CO2 from 0-10,000ppm
- Easy to use.
#6. Kaiterra Laser Egg Humidity Temperature Fine Dust
Next, Kaiterra Laser Egg air Quality Monitor is proficient in monitoring indoor air. It will accurately monitor factors that indoor air quality and significant pollutants such as humidity, Temperature, and PM2.5. Moreover, this device is lightweight and portable; thus, you can take it anywhere, and you monitor it from anywhere using a Kaiterra app.
The device works perfectly with other home appliances via IFTTT and Apple HomeKit. Other than that, it is Wi-Fi enabled; thus, it will support tablets, Android smartphones, and iOS. This Monitor will deliver accurate data; hence you will breathe quality air that is dust-free and free from other pollutants.
- 8-hour battery life
- Fits in the palm of your hand
- Support for iOS and Android smartphones
- Monitors major pollutants that affect air quality
- Sleep settings.
#5. Koogeek Humidity Temperature Air PM2.5/PM10
If you’re looking for a portable and modular air quality monitor, you can consider this option. It will accurately assess humidity level, Temperature in Celsius, and multiple measures of air quality including Fine Dust, noise, and light which can travel deeply in your respiratory tract. Ordinarily, this device works with Apple Homekit giving a real track and historical data of noise levels, light intensity, and other indoor air quality.
At any rate, this device supports Apple Watch, iPod, iPad, and iPhone touch by downloading the Koogeek Home app. Other than that, this air quality monitor features a built-in fan that will quickly draw ambient air for real-time measurements. This tester is portable; thus, you can quickly it in hotel rooms, in the car, or when you are at your home.
- Track real-time and historical data on air quality
- Built-in professional motion sensor
- Easy-to-carry air quality tester
- Large screen LCD
- 1-year limited warranty.
#4. Airthings Corentium Easy-to-Use Home Radon Detector
Airthings Corentium Air Quality Monitor assists everyone in your home to breathe clean air. It features an LCD Display that shows dairy, monthly, and long-term radon levels of air quality. Moreover, it is lightweight and portable, making it easy to carry at any place. This Home Radon Detector is powered by three AAA batteries that last for more than two years to give you peace of mind.
The gadget is designed to cover a large area of 2000 sq. ft. In addition to that, this item is not affected by radiation or humidity and can be re-used and reset infinitely. You will receive the results in real time. All in all, if you are searching for a compact and portable Monitor, you should go with this one.
- Portable and Lightweight
- Coverage Area, 2000 sq. Ft
- LCD screen displays
- Operated by 3 AAA batteries.
#3. Awair Air Quality Monitor
We start our review with this well-known air quality meter from Awair. It will effectively track the Temperature, Humidity, CO2, Chemicals, and Fine Dust in the air. You can correctly place it in your kitchen or bedroom if you are more focused on having quality air when sleeping. In addition to that, this air quality monitor covers up to 1,000 sq ft of your room.
The device is compatible with IFTTT, Nest, and Alexa; thus, it works with Android, iOS, iPhone, and other smart devices. Moreover, it will give you the knowledge you require to improve your home environment and take control. Lastly, it features a timeline so that you can easily see the patterns after some days or weeks helping you to keep your air healthy.
- Works with iPhone, ios, and Android
- Tracks invisible fine dust and chemicals
- Covers up to 1,000 sq ft
- Track and monitor your improvements over time
- Help you stay safe and healthy.
#2. Huma-i (HI-150) Portable Indoor Outdoor – Black
With the assistance of this Monitor, you will be able to check the air quality quickly in a single glimpse. It is a real-time air quality measure that will monitor the quality of the air with the touch of a button. Ideally, this device will be able to measure levels of Particle Matter PM10, Volatile Organic Compounds, and levels of CO2. In addition to that, it is going to measure humidity and temperature in your surroundings.
The device is pocket-size-friendly you can take it any place to measure the air quality around you. Moreover, it is perfect for both outdoor and indoor environments. With its OLED display, you will be able to read the results in Icon mode or graph mode quickly. Finally, it is made with a sturdy casing and looks excellent.
- Pocket-sized and portable
- Durable & stylish
- Advanced fan & sensors
- Great for both outdoor and indoor environments.
- Easily read real-time air quality results.
#1. LEVOIT Air Purifier True HEPA Filter for Home
If you are searching for an Air Purifier which appears modern and is stylish in design, you can look at this option. It has higher efficiency for a large room and has purified efficiently at 30% higher than ordinary air cleaners. In addition to that, it is suitable for both large and small rooms, including kitchens, family rooms, bedrooms, or any other place.
This Air Purifier features an LED display-off function that turns off during the night; thus, it will not keep you awake during the night. Other than that, it has a smart scientific algorithm that allows the air purifier to calculate the real filter life depending on the filter’s situation. Lastly, this product is FCC Certified and Energy Star-certified.
- Led display off function
- Higher efficiency for large room
- The air purifier can automatically adjust
- Energy star-certified
- Quiet as rustling leaves.
Factors to Consider When Purchasing Best Indoor Air Quality Monitors:
- Ease of Use – Buying a product that is difficult to use may decrease its value and discourages you from using it. With that, before you purchase an air quality monitor, ensure that you examine and study how to use it first. By doing so, you will save more time to understand how to use it when the item arrives at your home.
- Multi-Functions – Some products will only let you know the level of air pollution which doesn’t help you much. But there are some multifunctional products that y let you know the level of air pollution and other harmful elements found in the air. They will allow you to know the toxicity, temperature, humidity level, CO2, odor, amount of dust as well as formaldehyde.
- Construction and Design – It is a smart idea to look for an air quality monitor that has an elegant design and table with a specific setting or context. If you are planning to buy one to put on a cabinet, in your living room, or inside a slot, you may go for one that looks sturdy. Nevertheless, if you have limited space, then go for one that is small and compact in size.
- Detecting Capacity – You need to look at the detecting capacity of the air quality monitor you are about to buy. But first, you need to measure the room’s space that you want to monitor. For instance, if your room is 500 sq. ft in size, it is not appropriate to select an air quality monitor that only detects 300 sq. ft of a room. It will not fulfill your requirement and needs.
So, if you are worried about the quality of the air in your home, it’s the right time to get yourself the best air quality monitor. The air quality monitors discussed above are the best and it will be easy for you to pick the right one easily. They will give accurate results within a short time while helping you to understand the kind of pollutants that is present in your house. Go through each of the products above and pick the one that you find will suit your needs.