The best computer monitor gives you flexibility and also improve your viewing experience. Today, technological advancements have improved a lot, especially in this industry. You can now handle multiple tasks with the help of a computer monitor. The best part is, you can even play a game at the same time you’re managing another process on the other half of the screen. You can get a computer screen that gives you what you need.
However, for that to happen, you will need to make sure you buy the best computer monitor your budget can afford. And doing that isn’t a walk-in part. The market has a lot and lots of models to choose from, making it challenging for you as a buyer, you settle with an ideal model. Luckily this article is here to help you. We have given you some of the top-performing models and a list of things to consider to be your buying guide. Let’s jump right in!
List of Top 10 Computer Monitors in 2023
#10. ASUS TUF Gaming VG27AQ Gaming Monitor
Highly Detailed Visuals and Ultra-fast refresh rate are some of the high-performance features you’ll enjoy when you acquire this next model, the ASUS TUF Gaming VG27AQ. It’s a G-SYNC Gaming Monitor featuring a WQHD panel delivering up to 77% extra onscreen desktop space. As a well-built computer monitor, it features IPS technology intended to provide you with superb images and outstanding colors.
Besides that, its incredibly-fast refresh rate reduces lag and motion blur giving you an upper hand as you shoot, race, or while planning real-time strategy. That also allows you to play with the highest visual settings and react instantly. The monitor also has exclusive ASUS Shadow Boot Technology perfect for clarifying dark spots of the game and not overexposing the brighter spots. The technology ensures you have an improved overall viewing and make it easier to see enemies hidden in those dark zones.
- Support industry-standard HDR10
- Full height/tilt/swivel/pivot adjustment
- Asus extreme ELMB Sync technology
- ASUS Shadow Boost technology
- Asus Eye Care technology
- Multi HDR Mode
- IPS technology.
#9. Dell Ultrasharp U2415 LED Monitor
Dell Ultrasharp U2415 Computer Monitor brings you one of the best-LED screen performance for any office. With excellent connectivity and immense viewing experience, it’s a computer monitor you would want to have in your home or office. For its superior performance, the screen has a superb design that delivers color accuracy shining through in vivid detail. The best part is, now you charge, connect, or even project your handheld devices with this model.
Additionally, this model is equipped with premium features designed to deliver an exceptional viewing experience and a friendly price. Super clarity and ultra-wide viewing angle are some of these features, ensuring you have the best screen experience. It does also give a way to boost your productivity using the dual and multi-monitor setup. On top of that, an ultra-thin bezel also featured to allow virtually borderless viewing between the monitors.
- Enhanced power management
- Widescreen Anti-Glare Display
- Built-in Cable Management
- Height-Adjustable Stand
- High-speed charging
- Security Lock Slot.
#8. HP Pavilion 22cwa IPS LED Monitor
HP Pavilion 22cwa, a Full HD IPS LED monitor, comes first. Apart from being highly rated in the list, the screen also has exceptional performance. With it, you get to experience content on a multi-functional setup. The model also comes equipped with lots of high-end features at a friendly price. Its IPS panel is quite versatile for gaming. It provides vivid colors, adjustable tilt, and 178-degree viewing, you get the best quality at all positions.
Best of all, the HDMI port allows you to turn your desk into a multi-display setup. Another thing, the monitor comes with a VGA cable for your convenience. The vibrant color scheme and overdrive ensure you get a smooth picture looking crisp and fluid with no motion blur. It’s a uniquely designed model that brings you trusted HP performance for use in your home or office. The only downside of this model is, it comes with two input ports only, the VGA and HDMI port, which are the most used ports.
- Open wedge contemporary design
- Anti-glare IPS LED-backlit panel
- Smooth, crisp, and fluid picture
- Overdrive, vivid color scheme
- Multi-monitor setups
- Adjustable Viewing.
#7. Samsung CJ791 Ultrawide Curved Gaming Monitor
When talking about the best computer monitors, you can leave Samsung out of your path. Our list features one of their well-built model, the Samsung CJ791, an Ultra-wide Curved gaming monitor. And you know what, it was the first curved monitor to feature Intel Thunderbolt 3 for a one-source power and charging. With that, you get to immerse yourself in your game or work and get a lot done while you’re at it.
Another thing, the thunderbolt-3 technology provides high processing speed with a single cable linking the dock monitor and the laptop. The monitor also comes with multiple inputs for all devices and built-in stereo speakers, providing an enhanced entertainment experience. One thing that the customers did not like about this monitor is the placement of the joystick port, which isn’t conveniently placed.
- Advanced quantum dot color
- Ultra-wide Curved Monitor
- Low blue light emissions
- Supports Thunderbolt-3
- Curved Gaming Monitor
- QLED technology.
#6. BenQ EX3203R Curved Gaming Monitor
Next on the list is the BenQ EX3203R, another curved gaming monitor. It’s designed to deliver a wondrous personal gaming experience with flawless image performance. That’s why the monitor is equipped with HDR-Technology, one-cable USB-C connectivity, free Sync-2, and also smart environment-adaptive brightness control. All these ensure the monitor delivers an immersive, comfortable gaming experience for any user to enjoy fully.
The BenQ EX3203R also has Brightness Intelligent Plus Technology, which softens bright areas gently to keep details crystal clear in those dim environments. And you know what, this model also combines HDR with B.I.+ Mode featuring an exclusive Opt-Clarity Technology from BenQ. The technology ensures the details remain brilliantly visible even in dark environments. Some customers complained of text not being crisp, as seen on their laptops.
- Display HDR 400 VESA Certified
- Super-Speed USB data transfer
- AMD Free Sync 2 technology
- Intelligence plus technology
- Panoramic entertainment
- 2K video delivery.
#5. Dell U3818DW U-Series Screen LED-Lit Monitor
Dell U-Series Screen is another high-quality computer monitor here to inspire you to do more. It has an expansive curved screen that is paired with virtually infinity-Edge to create a near-complete field view. That works great at providing uniform visual focus ideal for reducing eye movements all across the monitor. Many users hugely accept that as it allows you to work comfortably with fewer distractions, thus boosting your productivity.
Furthermore, as a TUV-certified monitor, it comes with flicker-free ComfortView, a feature ideal for filtering harmful blue light emissions for eye comfort optimization. And thanks to the use of In-Plane Switching technology, now you can expect outstanding detail and color consistency all across a wide viewing angle. The only noticeable problem here is, the panel used on this screen has tiny issues with ghosting and banding.
- Compatibility with all Operating Systems
- WQHD+ curved screen w/Infinity Edge
- Panoramic viewing experience
- Accurate color & sharp details
- All-encompassing experience
- Single cable solution.
#4. Dell Ultrasharp U2718Q Monitor
If you want a computer monitor that gives you exceptional details and ultimate efficiency, then Dell Ultrasharp U2718Q is an excellent choice for you. It comes as a 27-inch 4K screen featuring incredibly thin bezels perfect for several monitor setup. It does allow a multi-monitor setup to allow you to hone in on each task you take.
Additionally, it’s here to give you an incredible, virtually seamless view, all thanks to the monitor’s ultra-thin bezels. That’s not all; the Dell Ultrasharp U2718Q combines remarkable clarity, high contrast shade range, and a vast depth of colors to create amazingly realistic images. So, with all these features, you can now tackle multiple tasks at a go and also stay organized. An issue reported by the users was, the monitor lost connection when connecting via Bluetooth.
- UltraSharp Color Consistency
- Allow multi-monitor setup
- Strikingly realistic images
- Variety of ports and slots
- True-color intensity.
#3. LG 27UL500-W UHD IPS Monitor
LG 27UL500-W, an IPS Monitor, comes as a 27-inch Class 4K UHD LED monitor featuring HDR10 and here to give you the chance to immerse yourself with phenomenal image precision. Best of all, this monitor delivers ultra-deep granularity that is four times Full HD resolution for groundbreaking clarity. The fact that the monitor also uses IPS with sRGB does help keep color consistency at a wide viewing angle and reproduction of the sRGB color spectrum.
Besides that, the LG 27UL500-W uses Radeon FreeSync Technology to resolve communication issues between the monitor and the processor. That helps in delivering smooth, dependable motion and reduction of image tears and choppiness. There is an On-Screen Control 2.2 feature that allows you to stay in the game while you take quick, easy control of the essential monitor settings such as Screen Split, picture, and audio with few clicks of your mouse.
- Exceptional sRGB 98 percent Color Gamut
- Convenient On-Screen Control
- Radeon FreeSync Technology
- Ultra-deep granularity
- HDR10 Compatible
- UHD IPS Display.
#2. Samsung C27HG70 HDR QLED Curved Monitor
Samsung CHG70 Monitor is the next-big-thing in the best computer monitor. It comes as an HDR Gaming Monitor with a billion shades of color. For the best gaming experience, Samsung’s QLED Gaming Monitor features Quantum Dot technology designed to provide the ultimate upgrade. That’s not all; the use of High Dynamic Range (HDR) ensures the dark areas remain darker, and the bright regions get brighter.
Moreover, Samsung employs AMD Radeon FreeSync 2 Technology to give gamers that smooth, plug-n-ply HDR experience with double perceivable brightness and color. You also get clarity offered by the sRGB spectrum with no visual distraction or distortion. What’s more, the monitor’s arena lighting feature is here to give out pulsating light show and help you get more rooted in the zone. The multi-port design allows you to have multiple connection interface for hooking up a couple of devices at a go for multitasking.
- Radeon FreeSync 2 technology
- Industry-leading curvature
- Quantum Dot technology
- Perceivable brightness
- Multiple ports.
#1. ViewSonic VX2457-MHD 1080p Gaming Monitor
The next model we recommend is the ViewSonic VX2457-MHD, a full HD high-performance computer monitor built for fantastic gaming and entertainment experience. As a price-performance monitor, it uses VESA Adaptive-Sync Technology allowing it to have variable refresh rate capability to eliminate screen tearing and stuttering. That ensures you get fluid gameplay when playing paced action scenes.
With an ultra-fast response time and minimal input lag mode, this monitor is a screen you can rely on for smooth screen performance, blur-free and ghosting-free. And to ensure you get a game-winning competitive edge, the monitor has a Game Mode HotKey designed to optimize the gameplay for RTS, FPS, and MOBA. The best part is, its black stabilization function is implemented to help maintain brilliantly vibrant colors and immersive contrast.
- Adaptive-Sync Technology
- Smooth screen performance
- Black stabilization function
- AMD FreeSync technology
- Flicker-Free technology
- Blue Light Filter.
Factors to consider when selecting the Best Computer Monitors:
Indeed, you need the best computer monitor that gives you the best picture and color and a model that ensures you get the best viewing screen experience. However, before you can start your selection, there are a few factors you have to consider to make sure you’re making the right choice:
- Screen size – Today, there is a wide range of monitor screen sizes available in the market. The choice of sizes has increased compared to the limited dimensions available only a few years ago. The most critical decision has a lot to do with the growth of the computer game industry. Computer games require more substantial than regular screens for this total gaming experience. Computer screens vary in size from small laptops that can be as low as 8.5 inches to large 24-inch screens. However, with the speed of technology, these sizes will surely increase.
- Screen Display – Probably the most crucial consideration when it comes to a computer screen is the quality of the image you are looking at. Many computer monitor manufacturers use a variety of different technologies to produce monitors. These technologies have a decisive influence on the quality of the image. When looking for a monitor, you will find descriptions such as LCD and TFT. LCD is short for liquid crystal display, and TFT stands for thin-film transfer. One of the critical factors in the display quality of the computer monitor is the ability to maintain a sharp and clear image in different lighting environments.
- Screen resolution – Resolution is another critical factor that determines the quality of the screen you buy. Higher resolution means a sharper, clearer image on the computer screen. With the amount of graphics used in many software applications, you should choose the highest possible screen resolution. You should also choose a computer screen that your computer can run. For example, if you want a large 23-inch screen to play your games, you need to check if your computer’s video card can adequately execute the graphics on the screen.
- Response time – If you like hardcore games or try graphics and photo editing or like watching HD movies, the resolution and screen size would not be enough if you buy a computer screen. The response time is essential, it is measured in milliseconds (ms). With a lower response rate, such as 5 ms, your monitor will give you a better view of moving images.
A good computer monitor can give you offer you a lot from a better reading, viewing experience to improved productivity. Now you have everything you need to buy the best computer monitor. Remember to consider the features of every product before you can trust it will deliver. Also, keep your budget in mind. Good Luck!