A skillful shooter can bear witness about the benefits associated with putting on quality shooting glasses every time you are using a firearm. The proper eye protection being the main reason for wearing shooting glasses, then you are advised to have them any time you are out for hunting, and on the battlefield.
Whether starting out in shooting sports or you’re a professional, you should understand that eye protection is an integral part of safe shooting. Also wearing quality glasses protects your eyes and enhances your chances for success in shooting program. Learning about shooting glasses helps in making the right decision for your needs.
Table of Contents
- 10 Best Shooting Glasses in 2019
- 10. Howard Leight (R-03570) Sharp-Shooter Shooting Glasses
- 9. iLumen8 Shooting Glasses
- 8. Wiley X Saber Shooting Glasses (Advanced)
- 7. BLUPOND Shooting Safety Glasses (Sports Sunglasses)
- 6. Specialized Safety Products SSP Eyewear Interchangeable 1.50
- 5. Radians Shooting Glasses (Shift Interchange)
- 4. M&P Thunderbolt Anti-Fog Lenses Impact Resistance Full Frame
- 3. ESS Eyewear Deluxe Kit Black Crossbow Suppressor 2X
- 2. Venture Gear Anti-Fog Lens with Over-watch Tactical Sunglasses
- 1. Beretta Shooting Glasses
- How to choose the best shooting glasses – Buying Guide
10 Best Shooting Glasses in 2019
|Howard Leight by Honeywell Genesis Sharp-Shooter Shooting Glasses, Clear Lens (R-03570)||Buy on Amazon|
|iLumen8 Best Shooting Glasses UV Blacklight Flashlight Yellow Safety Eye Protection See Dog Cat Urine with Amber Black Lights Night Vision Ultraviolet (Yellow, 2 Pair)||Buy on Amazon|
|Wiley X Saber Advanced Sunglasses, Smoke Grey/Light Rust/Vermillion, Matte Black||Buy on Amazon|
|BLUPOND Sports Sunglasses for Men/Women - Anti Fog Polarized Shooting Safety Glasses for Ultimate Eye Protection||Buy on Amazon|
|SSP Eyewear Top Focal Tactical Safety Glasses Kit with Assorted Interchangeable 1.50 Bifocal Lenses,TF 1.50 AST KIT||Buy on Amazon|
|Radians Shift Interchange Shooting Glasses (5 Interchangeable Lenses)||Buy on Amazon|
|Smith & Wesson M&P Thunderbolt Full Frame Shooting Glasses with Impact Resistance and Anti-Fog Lenses for Shooting, Working and Everyday Use||Buy on Amazon|
|ESS Eyewear Crossbow Suppressor 2X Deluxe Kit, Black||Buy on Amazon|
|Venture Gear Overwatch Shooting Safety Sunglasses, Black, Bronze Anti-Fog Lens||Buy on Amazon|
|Beretta Shooting Glasses with Policarbonate Injected Lens, Purple||Buy on Amazon|
10. Howard Leight (R-03570) Sharp-Shooter Shooting Glasses
The Howard Leight Shooting Glasses are specifically engineered for maximum protection and comfort. It features a Uvextreme anti-fog lens covering which works alongside a ventilation channel to provide superior fog and moisture control. Additionally, its stylish 9-base wraparound uni-lens provides these glasses with uncompromised peripheral vision. About comfort, these glasses have an adjustable nose piece and temples alongside soft and flexible browguards for customization.
More importantly, you don’t have to worry about safety since these glasses provide 99.9% UV coverage with high impact standards. Its clear lens is ideal for most outdoor and indoor shooting environments and could also be used as hunting glasses. Equally important, these glasses are compatible with Howard Leight earmuffs.
- Weighs 2.72 ounces
- Unique ventilation channel
- Has anti-fog coating
- Adjustable lens inclination and temple length
- Dual 9-base covering-around lens
- Black frame in color
- Best affordable
- Multi-Material Technology
- Well-built and lightweight,
- Reasonably Priced and durable
- Clear lenses protect the eye
- Provide foggy control and superior moisture
9. iLumen8 Shooting Glasses
The iLumen8 Shooting glasses are ideal for both outdoor and indoor gun range use. These glasses offer improved optical clarity in sharpshooting. Ideally, the yellow lens is perfect for dim conditions such as evenings, cloudy and foggy days not forgetting they come in handy during night vision driving. Additionally, in the presence of UV light, they make it easier to spot stains using their Pale yellow shade.
More importantly, these lenses have you covered when it comes to protection from harmful UV radiation. To elaborate more, these lenses have a protection rating of 400UV meaning they block 99-100% UV radiation. Then again, these glasses feature a sleek black frame which has rubber covered legs, therefore, providing additional grip behind your ears.
- Anti-fog design
- Sleek Black Frame alongside rubber enclosed feet
- Scratch-free and impact resistant
- Anti-glare design
- The kit comprises of microfiber pouch, UV glasses, hard case, and gift box
- Long-lasting and virtually indestructible
- Non-distorting lenses
- Provide wide-field-of-vision
- Money back guarantee
- Ideal for UV flashlights
- Provide enhanced optical clarity
- A frame may crack easily
8. Wiley X Saber Shooting Glasses (Advanced)
The Wiley-X Saber shooting glasses feature a one-piece wrap-around design hence providing maximum eye protection. Additionally, it includes a padded nosepiece which combines with the patented temple adjustments offering a secure and comfortable fit. Admittedly, these glasses have superseded MIL-PRF-31013 standards as well as GL-PD 10-12 MCEP standards for maximum UV protection, impact resistance, and optical clarity.
More importantly, these glasses have thick 3.0mm lenses that offer protection from debris and stay clear, distortion-free and comfortable. Equally important, it features an Ultra Foam brow bar which absorbs sweat maintaining clarity and ensure a firm grip. Its Saber temples can be interchanged with a tactical strap enhancing security when in motion.
- Has 3.0 mm selenite-polycarbonate lenses
- Ultra-Foam brow bar
- Rubberized nosepiece
- Customizable length using adjustable Saber temples
- MIL-PRF-31013 certified and impact resistant
- Tactical strap compatible
- Shatterproof lenses
- Weighs 9.6 ounces
- Best fit and outstanding quality
- Change lens is easy
- Provide wide-view-angle
- Distortion-free and interchangeable lenses
- Not that perfect
7. BLUPOND Shooting Safety Glasses (Sports Sunglasses)
These Blupond Sunglasses provide enhanced safety and clarity through its TAC semi-polarized titan’s-colored lenses perfect for minimal distortion and low light conditions as they allow maximum light exposure. Additionally, they are specifically designed to diffuse damaging light rays for a glowing outdoor experience. For safety concerns, these lenses protect your eyes from adverse environmental elements, bright headlights, glares, and most importantly the sun’s harmful UV rays. To elaborate more, this is achieved through the 100% UV400 protection rating.
Subsequently, these glasses feature a strong metal semi-rimless frame for a larger field of view built to withstand inevitable drops. More importantly, these glasses are super light, ultra-thin with semi polarized lenses to keep them at optimal form ensuring maximum comfort.
- Durable metal frames
- Shatterproof polycarbonate lenses
- 100% UV 400 protection
- Polarized light-neutralizing lenses
- Ergonomic design
- Integrated nose pads
- Full-frame security
- Rubberized support system
- Fantastic Shooting Glasses!
- Maximum comfort and wear-ability
- Keep your crystal clear field of vision
- Reliable and security
- Easy to clear
- Ergonomic design
- Not polarized
6. Specialized Safety Products SSP Eyewear Interchangeable 1.50
From shooting to motorcycle riding, mountain biking, skydiving, rollerblading, skateboarding and any other extreme sport you can think of, it’s essential to consider advanced eye protection. These SSP tactical glasses have anti-scratch polycarbonate lenses which are also shatterproof and anti-fog coated on both sides.
Subsequently, these lenses also provide your eyes with 100% protection from UV-A and UV-B rays. Outstandingly, these glasses feature six sets of lenses, i.e. right and left amber, smoked and clear with magnifiers (at the top) and right and left amber, smoked and clear non-magnified plain lenses which are covered by a tough black frame made from TR-90 Nylon matte. Also, it possesses rubber tipped ear and nose pads that enhance a firm grip.
- Features 3-sets of anti-fog lenses: smoked amber, & clear
- Neoprene zipper pouch
- Durable TR-90 Nylon non-glossy black frame
- Designed for pistol instructors and shooters
- Lens changing instructions
- Offer 100% protection against harmful UVB/UVA rays
- Anti-fog coating
- Feature shatterproof, optically correct, polycarbonate and decentered lenses
- Weighs 4 ounces
- Durable TR-90 Nylon matte black frame
- Ear pads and rubber nose
- High impact protection
- Provides sharp peripheral vision
- Virtually eliminate distortion
- Lens changing instructions
5. Radians Shooting Glasses (Shift Interchange)
Radians Shift Shooting Glasses are the ideal choice for people in search of both the best performance and price. These glasses feature five interchangeable lenses matching different light conditions for an exciting range session. To elaborate more, the green lens is ideal for bright light conditions; the copper lens improves depth perception and works best in medium light. When aiming at orange targets, the orange mirror lens reduces eye stress.
The amber lens, on the other hand, is perfect for dim conditions then the clear lens is ideal for indoor use. Moreover, these lenses protect your eyes by blocking 99.9% of both UV-A and UV-B rays. Luckily enough, the glasses come along soft rubber-tipped nose piece and temples for enhanced grip.
- Interchangeable lenses to cater for the change in light conditions
- Non-slip rubber-tipped nose piece and temples
- Blocks harmful UVB and UVA rays
- Weighs 1 pound
- Five interchangeable lenses
- Decent Shooting Glasses
- Comfortable to wear
- Surpasses ANSI Z87.1 standards
- It’s padded and offers ample protection
- The functional case for protecting the spare lenses and glasses
- It comes with an extra nose piece, lens cloth, and deluxe carrying case
- Unobtrusive frame design
4. M&P Thunderbolt Anti-Fog Lenses Impact Resistance Full Frame
The Smith & Wesson shooting glasses have non-slip ear stems which ensure maximum comfort and protection even during hostile weather conditions. Also, its lenses have a UV400 protection rating therefore useful in protecting your eyes from harmful UV sun rays. Also, its lenses don’t fog up even during cold temperatures making them useful at any time and place.
Moreover, the lenses are wrapped around with a black non-reflective matte frame and are designed in a way that you can still enjoy full periphery sight. Then again, they are ANSI Z87+ certified meaning they have high impact resistance hence durable. Luckily enough, they feature a tough zippered storage case for enhanced security.
- Weighs 8 ounces
- ANSI high-impact Z87+
- Non-reflective lusterless black frames
- Tough zippered storage case alongside microfiber cloth is included
- Impact-resilient polycarbonate lenses
- Ballistic MIL-PRF 32432 approved
- Blocks UV rays fully
- Non-slip earpieces and rubber nose
- Sturdy shooting glasses with excellent quality and clarity
- Has nice case and cloth
- Full peripheral coverage
- Feel extremely comfortable
- Simple design
- Pivotal impact resistance is guaranteed by ANSI Z87+ certification
- Durable and reliable
- Easily get scratches
3. ESS Eyewear Deluxe Kit Black Crossbow Suppressor 2X
This ESS Eyewear Crossbow suppressor is probably the first glass frame designed to be used alongside communication and ear cup hearing protection devices. Outstandingly, it features Z-Bend Geometry through the ultra-thin frame temple arms which significantly reduce noise by minimizing the ear cups’ padded seal effect. Additionally, it has slim temples, therefore, getting rid of pressure points and hotspots which occur when ordinary eyewear is worn. About compatibility, the suppressor frame is compatible with any crossbow lenses.
Admittedly, the 2.4mm polycarbonate lenses comprise of clear zone and distortion-free ESSOPTICS. Its FlowCoat technology prevents outside scratches and inside fogging whereas its DeadBolt Lens Lock facilitates rock-solid retention under impact and quick lens interchange. Also, it provides 100% protection from UV rays.
- Clear Lens alongside crossbow suppressor frame
- Offer 100% UVA/UVB protection
- Tri-Tech fit frame of crossbow alongside Hi-Def Copper Lens
- Weighs 8 ounces
- The package includes flannel lens sleeve, microfiber pouch, Snap-on elastic holding strap, and the interchangeable foggy grey lens
- Ideal protection for shooting
- Universal Fit
- Includes zippered hard case
- High-quality glasses
- Military-certified impact resistant
- Compliant with ANSI Z87.1+, U.S. Federal OSHA, U.S. MIL-PRF-31013 and CE EN 166
2. Venture Gear Anti-Fog Lens with Over-watch Tactical Sunglasses
The Venture Gear Tactical Sunglasses is the perfect selection for customers looking for excellent quality at the lowest price possible. These glasses are solidly built to withstand even the most adverse conditions during patrols, on the frontlines or even on the range. More importantly, these glasses feature anti-fog polycarbonate lenses which apart from protecting against debris and impact also block and filter out 99% of both UV-A and UV-B rays.
Equally important, they are designed to provide maximum comfort. This is achieved through the soft rubber-tipped temple and nosepieces. Also, they have a stylish and durable wrap-around frame able to withstand sudden falls. In addition to meeting the MIL-PRF 32432 High-Velocity Standards, the Overwatch glasses are also ANSI Z87.1 certified.
- Has a metal hinge and sunglasses style
- Rubber temple tips and soft nosepiece offer comfort for routine use
- wrap-around durable frame design
- Anti-fog, scratch-proof polycarbonate lens offers 99% UVA/B/C protection
- Weighs 2.4 ounces
- Passes MIL-PRF 32432 High-Velocity Impact Standards
- ANSI Z87.1 certified
- It’s toughest durable, comfortable and toughest
- Withstands tough environment
- Look great and well built
1. Beretta Shooting Glasses
The Beretta shooting glasses are very lightweight as their frame is made from soft plastic. To elaborate more, the frame has a comfortable nose rest and anti-slip tips making it ideal for military use, hunting, and target or range shooting.
More importantly, these glasses are made with wide polycarbonate injected lenses which ensures a larger field of sight, maximum durability, and protection. It’s available in many colors: Red and orange lenses are ideal for bright days, Black lenses are excellent when sunny, purple lenses, on the other hand, improve orange clays counter to a green background and Smoke lenses are ideal for any weather use.
- Has polycarbonate injected lens
- Weighs 5 ounces
- Premium soft plastic frame
- Durable, comfortable nose rest
- Lightweight frame alongside anti-slip tips
- Lightweight, full view protection
- Looks stylish
- Full face protection
- The right amount of tint
- Provide maximum durability and protection
- Uncomfortable to some big headed people
How to choose the best shooting glasses – Buying Guide
To sum up, the above glasses description has been listed for you, thus giving you a golden chance for selecting the right shooting glasses. All the shooting glasses above are 100% certified for safe application. It also meets ANSI, OSHA and US military standard requirement.
Best regards as you select the best shooting glasses that suit your needs well.