Distortion pedal has become an essential part of a musician armory. They add spice in your tone as they come in a variety of flavors and tastes to make your tone better. In addition, they create just about any effect and allow you to customize signal coming from your amplifier.
If you are looking for the best distortion pedal and you do not have any idea on which one to choose from, we have done some research and come up with the most appreciated pedals by both amateurs and experienced guitarists as they offer highest quality distortion. Here is a list of top 10 best distortion pedals in 2019 for your every need.
Table of Contents
- List of Top 10 Best Distortion Pedals in 2019
- #10. Behringer UM300 Heavy Ultra Metal Distortion Pedal
- #9. Donner Giant Boost Distortion Metal Guitar Pedal 3 Modes
- #8. Donner Morpher Solo Effect Distortion Pedal True Bypass
- #7. TC Electronic Matter Dark Distortion Effect Pedal
- #6. blucoil- Boss DS-1 Distortion Guitar with Slim AC/DC Adapter
- #5. Boss DS-1 Distortion Bundle with Instrument Cable
- #4. Donner Multi Guitar Alpha Cruncher Effect Distortion Pedal
- #3. MXR Super Badass M75 Distortion
- #2. Boss MT-2 Distortion Metal Zone Guitar Pedal
- #1. Fender MTG Distortion Pedal
- Factors to Consider When Purchasing the Best Distortion Pedals:
List of Top 10 Best Distortion Pedals in 2019
|Behringer Ultra Metal UM300 Heavy Metal Distortion Instrument Effect Pedal||Buy on Amazon|
|Donner Giant Metal Guitar Pedal Boost Distortion Effect 3 Modes||Buy on Amazon|
|Donner Morpher Distortion Pedal Solo Effect Guitar Pedal True Bypass||Buy on Amazon|
|TC Electronic Dark Matter Distortion Effect Pedal||Buy on Amazon|
|Boss DS-1 Distortion Guitar Effects Pedal Bundle with Blucoil Power Supply Slim AC/DC Adapter for 9 Volt DC 670mA||Buy on Amazon|
|Boss DS-1 Distortion Bundle with Power Supply, Instrument Cable, Patch Cable, Picks, and Austin Bazaar Polishing Cloth||Buy on Amazon|
|Donner Multi Guitar Effect Pedal Alpha Cruncher 3 Type Effects Delay Chorus Distortion Pedal with Adapter||Buy on Amazon|
|MXR M75 Super Badass Distortion||Buy on Amazon|
|Boss MT-2 Metal Zone Distortion Guitar Pedal||Buy on Amazon|
|Fender MTG Tube Distortion Pedal||Buy on Amazon|
#10. Behringer UM300 Heavy Ultra Metal Distortion Pedal
The Behringer Ultra Metal distortion pedal is one of the best effect pedals in the market. It is easy to use, robust and comes with full features that each guitarist will love. Ideally, it will give tube-like, super-thick distortion that you will need. In addition to that, it features 3-band Level and EQ controls that offers awesome sound shaping. The Distortion pedal runs on a nine volts battery or you can likewise use the included PSU-SB DC power supply to power it
The distortion pedal is made with heavy metal and rugged construction and this will ensure durability. In addition, it has a status LED for battery check and effect on/off.
- Multi-gain circuitry
- Runs on 9 v battery
- First-class electronic on/off switch
- Made with high-quality components
- A heavy metal distortion effects pedal
- Have exceptionally rugged construction
- Blue status led for effect on/off
- Has a very precise sweet spot
#9. Donner Giant Boost Distortion Metal Guitar Pedal 3 Modes
The Donner Giant Metal Guitar is often considered as the best distortion pedal for metal guitar. Made with Aluminum-alloy that makes it strong, lightweight and stable. In addition, with its hi boost, it will provide the guitar player with expressive metal sound while improving the high frequency of the pedal. It also features a true bypass that offers a transparent tone that will satisfy your demands for different live performance.
Operating this distortion pedal is very simple and will offer abundant great sound. You can control the distortion using three sound buttons and three mods for a sharper of deep sound. The LED indicator of this unit will show the working state.
- Easy and perfect to operate
- An LED indicator shows the working state
- Have Lo Boost and Hi Boost
- Have a special and strong distortion effect
- Allow production of great tone
- Lightweight and durable
- Sturdy metal build
- Most guitarists said that it might muddy your tone
#8. Donner Morpher Solo Effect Distortion Pedal True Bypass
Donner Morpher Distortion Pedal is a unique piece of work that is manufactured with style and care. It is usually meant to cater to distortion lovers. Moreover, it has a strong expression that has a dynamic echo sound. It likewise has the Low and High controls that permit you to control the amount of top-end and bottom. It comes with an affordable price hence it will not break your pockets. On top of that, it is constructed with a classic aluminum alloy that is super stable and strong.
The controls on this pedal provide mids, Treble, Volume, Bass and Gain knobs. The LED indicator will show the working state and features True bypass that offers transparent tone.
- LED indicator to shows working state
- True bypass provide transparent tone
- Whole body made of Aluminum-alloy
- Has strong expression dynamic echo sound
- Very small and practical
- Offers true bypass
- Sturdy metal build
- Few complaints about it sounding buzzy or metallic
#7. TC Electronic Matter Dark Distortion Effect Pedal
Are you looking for a more expressive metal sound? You require to check out the TC Electronic Distortion Effect. It usually covers a wide range of sounds and also stays true to is base. Moreover, it offers a great distortion that you can imagine. The Two-band EQ with treble knobs and active bass will let you shape your sound. In addition to that, the Voicing switch will enable you to toggle extra bass in order to fill your tome with retro vibes and provide a more modern sound.
This Electronic Effect Pedal comes with a treble, bass, level, and gains control thus you will have the total control of the distortion sounds. The Dark Matter offers treble and bass knobs that are ideal for dialing in sounds precisely.
- Two-band EQ with active bass
- Vintage-voiced distortion
- Four-knob interface for extensive tonal tweaking
- Give you powerful super-musical roar
- True/buffered bypass options
- Compact and durable build
- Comes with a wide range of distortion modes
- Some customers complaints about the power input location
#6. blucoil- Boss DS-1 Distortion Guitar with Slim AC/DC Adapter
Blucoil- Boss DS-1 is one of the most popular distortion pedals you can find in the market. Made with rugged metal stompbox enclosure that is durable even after long continuous usage. With its three-knob interface, it will offer different sound colors. It also has a Distortion and level dials that will control the signal processing. The Tone knob enables you to tailor EQ on the unit.
This distortion pedal is powered by a Blucoil 9-volt battery and when they run out of power, you can use the supply slim AC/DC Power Adapter that you will just plug and play. This unit will offer a hard-edged, tight gain with rich harmonics.
- A classic boss distortion pedal
- The wide array of sound colors
- Blucoil 9-volt power supply
- Has a rugged metal stompbox
- Solid build
- Tone knob to tailor EQ
- Has 3-knob interface
- May break due to heavy stomping
#5. Boss DS-1 Distortion Bundle with Instrument Cable
Next in our list with a simpler, but very effective choice, Boss DS-1 Distortion pedal. It comes with all the accessories that you require to rock out in a budget. This will allow you to save more cash. Moreover, it is a versatile pedal that offers everything from ’80s hair metal to ’90s alternative rock. On the other hand, it has a tone, level and distortion control to tailor the overall sound as needed.
The package also includes a polishing cloth, picks, patch cable, Gearlux instrument cable, and 9V power adapter thus it is an all-in-one bundle. It comes with an affordable price as well as five years of limited warranty.
- Has Distortion, Level and Tone control
- Classic BOSS Distortion tones
- BOSS 5-year warranty
- Includes a 9V power adapter
- Easy to use
- Crazy compact and lightweight
- Provides that old school vibe
- It can suffer from background noise
#4. Donner Multi Guitar Alpha Cruncher Effect Distortion Pedal
Donner Multi Guitar Distortion Pedal is the most cost-effective pedal on this list. It is made of the Whole Aluminium-alloy that makes it strong and stable. What’s more, it will create a wide tonal range that is classic and it is a great starting point for guitarists lovers who want to learn how to make a good tone. It has three types of guitar effects in one that includes distortion, chorus, and delay.
The LED indicator will show the working state of the Distortion Pedal. The analog-voiced delay module will help to have rich echo feedback. Furthermore, it also has a warm, bright chorus module that will create a natural sense of space.
- Stable and strong
- Analog-voiced delay module
- Classic British hi-gain sound
- Have 3 types of guitar effects
- A unique sound and great lead distortion
- Very versatile and responsive
- True bypass
- It is too loud for some individuals liking
#3. MXR Super Badass M75 Distortion
You will be surprised at how good the MXR Super distortion pedal is. It comes with a budget-friendly price allow you to make an aggressive and a fuzzy bass sound and a full spectrum distortion. Besides that, it features a true bypass switching making it ready for the road. It is also made with durable components and sturdy housing that makes this distortion pedal to last for a long time compared to other pedals in the market.
With its EQ Control, you will be able to produce the desired amount of crunch. Moreover, you can use Treble, Mid, and bass control to sculpt the sound. The unit covers a full spectrum from modern metal distortion to early ‘70s low gain overdrive.
- Bass, mid and treble controls
- Highly responsive full spectrum distortion
- True bypass switching
- 100 percent analog
- Great for both guitar and bass
- Has versatile tonal characteristics
- Unmatched tonal versatility
- Some complaint about it losing the lows
#2. Boss MT-2 Distortion Metal Zone Guitar Pedal
This robust-looking and super solid distortion look like it was constructed for metal music. It is designed to have many features that most metalhead would love. The Boss MT-2 will provide the all possible controls that you need such as three-band EQ, master drive controls, output volume, buffered bypass, and treble. if you want to cut out or boost the frequencies, this Guitar Pedal is ideal for you.
The pedal likewise has a Plenty of options that allow tone shaping. The housing of this item is also made with durable and long-lasting metal so you can take everywhere including on the-road performances.
- Provides heavy mids and super-long sustain
- Plenty of options for tone shaping
- Vintage vibe
- Very versatile
- Easy to set up and use
- Great price for a great tone
- Circuit path is all analog
- It does not use batteries
#1. Fender MTG Distortion Pedal
Fender MTG is one of the best Distortion Pedal that has been around for decades now. It features 3-Band EQ with switchable boost and tight control. In addition to that, it has a Treble, Middle and traditional Bass controls thus you can contour the low end to taste. The Distortion Pedal has a minimized MTG’s circuitry thus it will fit any pedalboard. The pedal is likewise crafted from durable and lightweight anodized aluminum and will last for years.
It is powered by a 9V center-negative power supply that allows it to integrate into any rig. Moreover, it has its own Boost and level controls. This pedal has a classic sound that makes it fabulous and fun to play.
- Level and boost controls
- 3-Band EQ with tight control
- LED-illuminated controls
- Made with durable anodized aluminum
- Lightweight and easy to use
- 9V center-negative power supply
- Easily fits on any pedalboard
- It is a bit pricey
These are the top 10 best distortion pedals that you can find in the market and all of them deserve to be here. Whether you want to have controlled distortion for hot fuzz or thumping metal rhythm for screaming leads.
Whether you want an option for a small budget, you can easily get one from the list and we are sure that you will be impressed. We hope that you will make great music with one of the distortion pedals in the list.